The weather is getting colder and the nights are getting darker earlier and we all could do with some liquid warmth. How about cosying up under a thick blanket with a mug of hot chocolate and think of Summer. I’ve come up with three delicious ways to take your hot chocolate to the next level. I’m not a fan of just whipped cream on the top so have looked at the delicious ways to crown your mugs of magic.
S’mores/Campfire Hot Chocolate
– 250ml Whole Milk (you can use whatever milk you like, but this will give you a luxury drink)
– 1 tbsp malted milk powder
– 50g Dark Chocolate (you want a high cocoa solids bar to compliment the sweetness from the marshmallow)
– A pinch of smoked sea salt
– 25g Jumbo Marshmallow
1. In a small saucepan, bring the milk and malted milk powder to the boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the dark chocolate and the smoked sea salt.
2. Pour into your mug of choice and top with a jumbo marshmallow and with a blow torch, scorch the top until golden brown and charred in places. Allowing the hot sugar to cool before tucking into your drink.
Tropical Christmas Hot Chocolate
– 150ml Coconut Milk
– 100ml Whole Milk
– 50g Dark Chocolate
– 3 Whole Kaffir Lime Leaves
– 1 tbsp Coconut Yogurt
– A sprinkle of Toasted Coconut Ribbons
1.In a small saucepan, bring both of the kinds of milk and the kaffir lime leaves to the boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the dark chocolate.
2. Strain the milk mixture to remove the lime leaves, pour into your mug of choice, add a blob of coconut yoghurt on top and then top with the toasted coconut ribbons.
Mexican Warmer Hot Chocolate
– 250ml Whole Milk
– A pinch of dried chipotle chilli
– A pinch of ground cinnamon
– 1 tbsp Dark Muscovado Sugar
– 75g Dark Chocolate
– A dusting of cocoa powder
1. In a small saucepan, bring the milk and spices to the boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the dark chocolate, vanilla extract and the sugar.
2. Strain the milk mixture to remove the spices and pour into your mug of choice. Top with a light dusting of cocoa powder.