This post is a little late as I wanted to make something special. Not just because it’s the weekend and we all could do with a pick me up from the week we just had. No, I wanted to make something special as this is my 200th post on this blog. Now for the super hard core bloggers out there, that won’t seem like a lot. To me that seems like a milestone that needs celebrating.
Over the last 200 posts, I have eaten at some of the greatest restaurants, travelled the world and covered my kitchen repetitively in flour and icing sugar. I’m lucky that I get to share with everyone my adventures in to the ever exciting world of food and fun. Here’s to 200 more and then some!
“I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food” ― Erma Bombeck
- 150g ground almonds
- 90g plain flour
- 240g icing sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 280ml egg whites (about 8 eggs)
- 250g unsalted butter, melted
- 1tbsp honey
- 75g icing sugar
- 1 tsp raspberry extract
- Oven to 190C. Butter a 1/2 cup tin, can be a 12 hole muffin tin. In a bowl, mix the almonds, flour, icing sugar and baking powder. Add the egg whites, a little at a time until smooth. Whisk in the cooled melted butter and honey. The batter will be really thin.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tins until full and bake until 30 mins until golden and test with a skewer until it comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar with the raspberry extract until smooth, you might need a few drops of water to loosen the icing. Pour the icing over these little cuties and serve.