If you checked out last weeks post on my Food Tour of Genoa, Italy, you would have read that we sampled the delicate Hazelnut Kisses Biscuits or Baci di Dama, nutty biscuits sandwiched with dark chocolate. This is a super simple recipe for these gorgeous little biscuits, perfect for when you have friends for coffee or simply when like us needed a pick me up after a carb overload.
Hazelnut Kisses/Baci di Dama
- 100 g Hazelnuts skinned, roasted and ground
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 100 g Unsalted Butter
- 100 g '00' Flour
- 100 g Dark Chocolate 75% Cocoa Solids
- In a bowl, add the ground hazelnuts, sugar and butter, with a hand mixer beat until the butter is creamed and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour to the mixture until mixed in. Then using your hands, bring the dough together to a ball. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Heat the oven to 180C and line baking trays with parchment.
- Using a teaspoon amount of the dough, roll into balls and set on the tray 2cm apart for spreading. Continue with all the dough. Bake for 10 mins until golden, may need a couple of extra minutes if yours are a little larger. Cool completely.
- Using a Bain Marie, gently melt the chocolate. Spread a small amount of chocolate on half the cooled biscuit bases, with the chocolate upright. Leave for 10 minutes for the chocolate to set a bit before sandwiching with the remaining biscuits.
- Leave the biscuits to set completely before serving with a strong coffee.
What biscuits do you like to dunk in your coffee?
Save this article to Pinterest, pin the below image!