Want to raise money to support those with cancer and their families?
Fancy sharing your sexy recipes with new readers and fans?
Then join FoodNerd for her Virtual Bake Sale!
On September 26th this year, people across the UK will gather for coffee mornings and not just for a daily gossip or a greedy pit stop. No, they will be taking part in Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning to raise money for people living with cancer and supporting them and their families through this tough time.
Last year FoodNerd held her first ever Virtual Bake Sale with the support of British food and lifestyle bloggers. It proved a great success and this year FoodNerd is going GLOBAL!!
It’s super-easy to take part. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Decide which recipe you want to share for the bake sale. It doesn’t have to be a sweet recipe if you specialise in savoury treats. Why not make a meatloaf cupcake or cheese biscuits? If drink’s more your thing, how about a birthday cake cocktail? Crafty little things, could even knit a tartlet! Gluten Free, Kosher, Wheat Free and Vegan recipes – FoodNerd wants them all!
2. Post your recipe on your blog for all your readers to see and fall in love with, along with information about the Virtual Bake Sale.
3. Go to the bottom of this page to the link up tool and add your recipe link for everyone to see.
4. Now here’s the most important part – donate the cost of your ingredients for your recipe. This can be £5/ $5 or however much you would like to donate to this great cause. Go to www.justgiving.com/FoodNerdsVirtualBakesSale14 or you can text your donation from your phone with the message FNBS48 £5 to 70070.
5. Once you’ve added your recipe and donated you can pat yourself on the back for being an awesome human and share the news on twitter, facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #VirtualBakeSale’14. And you can add a badge to your site to show off how good you are. Link to the badge is below the link up tool.
As well as raising lots of money, this is a fantastic way for bloggers to get together for a great cause. The link-up tool and Just Giving page will be active up to a month after the Coffee Morning (26th October) but FoodNerd suggests you get baking now!
If you don’t have a blog and want to take part too, you can email your recipes straight to FoodNerd (with lovely pictures to email@example.com) who will add them to a monster Macmillan post to share – just remember to donate too!
Why Macmillan Cancer Support?
They work hard to help reach and improve the lives of people living with cancer and their families. The money goes towards funding nurses and medical care, provide support for carers, families and friends. As well as acting as a force for change for people affected by cancer.
Please spread the word amongst your readers and other bloggers you think would like to get involved.
Link Up Your Recipe Here –
Get Your Blog Badge Here –
Copy and paste the code below to add this badge to your blog with pride.