Friday was apparently Margarita Day – I personally don’t need a national holiday to have an excuse to drink tequila. I love it and it loves me (sometimes not so much….) Not only is Margarita Day a reason to celebrate but on Friday as well my amazing bro and sister in law were coming for a visit. What ! What! And my bro loves t-la as much as me.
To celebrate both these occasions I made margarita truffles, using the fabulous Domestic Sluttery as a guide, I got rolling. If you haven’t checked out their site yet – do. They are temptress’s bring sexy outfits, accessories, trendy travel tips and sweet naughty treats to you daily, I’m obsessed!
Treat yourself and make these sexy truffles, share the tequila love!
Makes around 35 truffles as long as you don’t lick your fingers as you go!
– 235 ml double cream
– 3 limes, zested finely
– 45ml tequila (as good as you can afford)
– pinch of sea salt flakes (not table)
– 300g dark chocolate ( I went for a 70% cocoa solids)
– 200g extra dark chocolate for coating
– 1 extra lime zested of decorating
1. In a large bowl, pour in the cream and lime zest, place over a pan of simmering water to heat the cream through to warm and the lime zest has infused the cream.
2. When the cream is nice and warm, add the tequila, chocolate and salt. Mix till you have a sexy smooth ganache. Leave to cool at room temperature before cooling in the fridge for 30 minutes. Zest the last lime and set aside to air dry for decorating later.
3. I donned some beautiful food gloves to roll my truffles, means you won’t be covering yourself and your kitchen with as many chocolatey fingerprints!
4. After you got your rolling out of the way, melt the remaining chocolate. Using a fork, dip a truffle a time letting the excess dribble off before placing the coated truffle on parchment paper. Top each truffle with a little of the dried lime zest, before coating the rest of the ganache. If you can leave them to set – or coat one, eat one, coat one, eat one….
These went down a treat, why not try different cocktail flavours and let me know what you try out. ‘Ola!!