Friday was apparently Margarita Day – I personally don’t need a national holiday to have an excuse to drink tequila. I love it and it loves me (sometimes not so much….) Not only is Margarita Day a reason to celebrate but on Friday as well my amazing bro and sister in law were coming for a visit. What! What! And my bro loves t-la as much as me.
To celebrate both these occasions I made margarita truffles, I got rolling. Treat yourself and make these sexy truffles, share the tequila love!
Margarita Truffles Recipe
- 235 ml Double Cream
- 3 Limes zested finely
- 45 ml Tequila as good as you can afford
- pinch of sea salt flakes not table
- 300 g Dark Chocolate I went for a 70% cocoa solids
- 200 g Extra Dark Chocolate for coating
- 1 extra Lime zested of decorating
- In a large bowl, pour in the cream and lime zest, place over a pan of simmering water to heat the cream through to warm and the lime zest has infused the cream.
- When the cream is nice and warm, add the tequila, chocolate and salt. Mix till you have a sexy smooth ganache. Leave to cool at room temperature before cooling in the fridge for 30 minutes. Zest the last lime and set aside to air dry for decorating later.
- I donned some beautiful food gloves to roll my truffles, means you won't be covering yourself and your kitchen with as many chocolatey fingerprints!
- After you got your rolling out of the way, melt the remaining chocolate. Using a fork, dip a truffle a time letting the excess dribble off before placing the coated truffle on parchment paper. Top each truffle with a little of the dried lime zest, before coating the rest of the ganache. If you can leave them to set - or coat one, eat one, coat one, eat one....
These went down a treat, why not try different cocktail flavours and let me know what you try out. ‘Ola!!
Save this article to Pinterest, pin the below image!