Sorry for the delay since my last post, I’ve been crazy busy and was away last weekend in Paris, as you do. Coming up soon will be a guest post from my bro and my scampering report from Paris.
Now recipe time, it has been a while since I’ve had friends over for dinner. You know how it goes, you’ve had a long day at work and the last thing you want to do is cook an insane huge meal for everyone. My answer to this is this super sexy dessert that takes less than half an hour the night before and you have a crazy good dessert to wow your guests with. You may have to order pizza for the mains but at least you have a good pud!
I made these in huge glasses and not many people actually managed to finish it all- chocolate wusses. I made them again as a thank you for my parents giving me a lift to the airport but in small ramekins. They were still super intense and rich. You’ve been prepared!
There’s also a secret ingredient which makes these sexy pots which means you don’t have to spend your evening crying over whisked egg whites – marshmallows melted. Say What?!? Helps form the structure and body of these beauties. Thank you, Nigella!
- 150g Marshmallows (mini or large white, needs the cornflour dusting)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 250g good quality dark chocolate
- 60 ml hot water (from a recently boiled kettle)
- 284 ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water in a heavy-based saucepan. Over a gentle heat, melt the ingredients, stirring every now and again, until the marshmallows have completely melted through and there are no lumps. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- In a Kitchenaid mixer, whip the cream with the vanilla extract until thick, and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour or scrape into 4 glasses or ramekins, about 175ml / ¾ cup each in capacity, or 6 smaller (125ml / ½ cup) ones, and chill until you want to eat. Get ready to dive straight into chocolate heaven.