Last Summer when the weather was getting sexy and warm I decided that I needed a new shiny ice cream machine in my life. I made one flavour ice cream before I had to retire the machine to the cupboard as the weather was short lived. This Summer I’ve already managed to double the amount of ice cream I’ve tired to make. Firstly, Afternoon Tea Ice and now this fragrant little number.
I try not to drink a lot of caffeine as I have weird enough dreams and sleep walking to keep me up at night so I love a Chai latte and the milky spice levels. Paired with coconut milk, utterly dreamy, with the addition of dark chocolate – heavenly!
I used Drink Me Chai Spiced Chai powder to create a great ice cream for those hot Summer days. This is a super easy recipe, if you would like to make your own chai spice blend, to infuse with the coconut milk or try out other tea blends.
- – 1 litre coconut milk (chilled overnight)
- – 5 tbsp chai spice powder
- – 200g dark chocolate drops
- Whisk the coconut milk with the Chai spice powder until fully mixed. Pour into the ice cream machine and churn until softly set.
- Add the dark chocolate drops and churn until firmer. Pour into a container and freeze until set.
- Take the ice cream out the freezer 30 mins before you want to serve it.